8.29.2008

Petra, Part 2

Remember my Petra post? Well, I mentioned some steep rock faces that we climbed up, and I thought I would give you a visual.


It was after this stretch that we realized that we really didn't want to go back down the way we came up. Smart idea, eh?

The problem was, I was in the lead, and I am just not known for saying no to possibly dangerous things if I think I might be able to do them. The hike went something like this: I would pick a way and start climbing up, yell to Lorien and Gretchen when I made it safely and found handholds the whole way up, and then Lorien would scamper up while Gretchen would shout things like she didn't want to die or risk her life for a silly hike in Petra (which was probably wise, but who was she to damper my blind enthusiasm?), so I would hike back down and pull her up the mountain. Literally.

It was probably wise that I waited until all knew I was safe until I posted these pictures, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails