8.25.2008

My Mountain Home So Dear

Friends, enemies, and countrymen, I am finally back in America.

A moment of silence, please...

It is beautiful. America, I mean. Silence is beautiful, too, but I am still waiting for that.

When we flew into Atlanta, I almost started crying. It was raining. Raining! Have I mentioned that rain is my favorite weather? And that I haven't seen it for several months?! It was a beautiful experience.

Then, the passport official in Atlanta asked me what I had been doing in Jordan, and when I said I had been there for study, he said, "Is this home to stay or just a visit." I told him just a visit, because I am going to Taiwan next!

The next words he uttered were the most beautiful I had heard in my life--"Well, welcome back to America."

Thank you, thank you! Life is beautiful. And in about 5 mintues, I head to Provo, my real mountain home. And for those of you who still read my blog, in a couple of days, you will get the full airport story, as well as more posts on Arab style, music, public transportation, and backroading in the Arabian desert.

Get ready...
Related Posts with Thumbnails