7.31.2008

Taiwan in Arabia

For those of you who don't know, I am going on a mission to Taiwan. In less than six weeks. (!)

Anyway, I have recently been wondering what I am doing in Jordan right now. I mean, three weeks after I stop living in the Middle East learning Arabic, I move to Taiwan and learn Mandarin Chinese. Logical? Not really. At least, not to me--the Lord keeps telling me that He knows slightly more than I do. Actually a lot.

Anyway, I have found bits of Taiwan, even in Arabia. For example, in the language center at the University of Jordan, there are posters on the wall advertising beautiful places in Jordan. And other places in the Middle East, and Turkey.

And...Taiwan?!
And secondly, right after I got my mission call, the first counsellor in the branch presidency here in Amman apologized because he had told Sister Cho about my call to Taiwan before he let me tell her. I was ok with that, because I didn't know Sister Cho was--TAIWANESE! She actually lives in Taipei and her husband is working for the embassy here--but they go back to Taipei next year. I will most likely see her and her family--I might even be in her ward again! What a small world the church is!
This is Tutu, Sister Cho's son. We were pretending to be sharks, after I distracted him for a whole Enrichment (while his mom was trying to demonstrate how to cook shrimp balls) by drawing an elaborate scene of sharks and fish under the ocean. My drawing skills are pretty much amazing.

4 comments:

Becca said...

"We were pretending to be sharks, after I distracted him for a whole Enrichment while his mom was trying to demonstrate how to cook shrimp balls by drawing an elaborate scene of sharks and fish under the ocean."

I'm glad you added that last sentence about your mad drawing skills, because I definitely read this and wondered how "drawing an elaborate scene of sharks and fish under the ocean" would help his mom demonstrate how to cook shrimp balls.

Chicken Dust said...

Almost as incredible as your shark impersonating skills.

The Paradox said...

"My Bear
Special Blue"
Is that what his shirt says? Because it reminds me of one of those notebooks!

breanne said...

Do the parenthesis help, Becca?

Related Posts with Thumbnails