6.05.2008

MISSION CALL!!

Dear friends, I received my mission call.

I am going to Taiwan Taipei, speaking Mandarin, and I leave September 17!

I was shocked and delighted at how fast my call came. It came a week and a half after I sent my papers in!

I was also shocked and delighted when I saw that I am going to Taiwan. My main guesses were Russia or Germany, and no one guessed Taiwan! I think the closest was Tina, who guessed Hong Kong.

I am so excited to serve the Lord. My mission call says, "Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and HIs Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As you serve with all your heart, might, and strength, the Lord will lead you to those who are prepared to be baptized. The Lord will reward you for the goodness of your life. Greater blessings and more happiness that you have yet experienced await you as you hombly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place in you our confidence and pray that the Lord will help you become an effective missionary."

Knowing that President Monson has placed his trust in me makes me even more anxious to be worthy and ready to serve the Lord. What an exciting time!

And how exciting to start learning Mandarin 20 days after I stop learning Arabic!

8 comments:

Chicken Dust said...

Wa-hoo!

The Paradox said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I'm ecstatic!

Unknown said...

Crazy child. You'll have fun! And I'll (naturally) be jealous!

Shayla said...

Congrats! Wow, Chinese huh? That is out there with all of those other languages you have been learning. I will still hoping for Germany but Taiwan will work! My brother-in-law and sister are in Shanghai until 2010. I am going over to visit in 2009. You will be a great missionary. Can't wait to hear about your adventures as a servant of the Lord. I caught up on your blog today...

Shayla

Chicken Dust said...

I just think you ought to know that the Paradox and I have been "practicing" our Mandarin all day...don't think we don't know how it goes.

The Paradox said...

Wait. Breanne. I think you're a little confused...a mission call does not place mission rules into effect immediately. YOU CAN STILL WRITE ON YOUR BLOG!!! I know, this may be a shock, but just check the handbook-mission rules don't take effect until you're set apart as a missionary, ok? :)

Chicken Dust said...

I second the Paradox.

breanne said...

Calm down. I don't live on the internet! I leave for Jerusalem tomorrow--I have been kind of busy, ok?

Related Posts with Thumbnails